In this course, you will learn the Lean-Agile principles and practices of the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe). You’ll learn how to execute and release value through Agile Release Trains, how to build an Agile Portfolio, and how to lead a Lean-Agile transformation at enterprise scale. You will gain an understanding of the Lean-Agile mindset and how to apply the principles and practices of SAFe to support Agile teams, programs, program portfolio management, and to coordinate large Value Streams.
SAFe® is a registered trademark of Scaled Agile, Inc.
The course consists of the following core SAFe modules:
- Introduction to SAFe
- Lean-Agile Mindset
- Implementing an Agile Release Train
- Experience PI Planning
- Executing and Releasing Value
- Agile Portfolio Management
- Building really big systems
- Lean-Agile Leadership
Executives, managers and Agile change agents responsible for leading a Lean|Agile change initiative in the larger software enterprise.
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SA certification exam.
5+ years experience in software develompent, testing, business analysis, product or project management
Experience in Scrum
By the end of this course, attendees will be able to:
- Apply lean, agile and product development flow principles to improve productivity, employee engagement, time to market, and quality
- Apply the Scaled Agile Framework based on lecture, real-world examples, and insights by Scaled Agile experts
- Understand the skills necessary for an enterprise transformation based on the information and examples presented, and additional recommended readings and resources
- Gain the insights into the leadership skills most effective in unlocking the intrinsic motivation of software development knowledge workers , and begin applying them in your context
This course is a requirement for those seeking certification as a Scaled Agile Framework Agilist (SA).
Pat is a highly experienced agile coach and trainer for Elegant Agile, Inc. and is a Certified Scrum Practitioner (CSP) and Certified Scrum Master (CSM) with the Scrum Alliance. Pat is also a certified SAFe Program Consultant (SPC4) with Scaled Agile .
Pat has 16 years of product development experience, 10 years of Scrum experience, and 6 years of agile and Scrum coaching. He has worked with over 1000 people in many different organizations from startups to major banks. Prior to becoming an agile guru, Pat built products as an entrepreneur, programmer and leader. He continues to work in the startup world through coaching and by personally building new tech companies like Rentific.com.
Pat leads large and small enterprise agile transformations. He also gets comfortable in close team environments and guiding highly-technical teams on engineering and quality practices.
Last year’s coaching experience includes NYC startups in live-video streaming, data marketing and healthcare management systems, to very large US banks and brokerage houses. In about 50% of all engagements, Pat works with leadership on organizational development and structure relating to agile.
- Scrum 101 and basics
- Scaled Scrum Teams
- Product Owner
- Agile Testing
- Enterprise Agile